|Stumbling Along, September 30, 2012||September 30, 2012|
|The riches within our own midst, September 23, 2012||September 22, 2012|
|Gospel on the Rivah, September 16, 2012||September 17, 2012|
|Taking up Our cross – Sept. 16, 2012||September 17, 2012|
|One Door Closes, Another Opens, Sept. 9, 2012||September 9, 2012|
|The Ripple Effect, Sept 2, 2012||September 2, 2012|
|The Choices We Make, Aug. 26, 2012||August 26, 2012|
|Let not the needy, O Lord Be Forgotten, Aug 19, 2012||August 19, 2012|
|Outside of our frame of reference, Aug 12, 2012||August 12, 2012|
|The Sycamores of Port Royal- Updated August 7, 2012||August 8, 2012|
Title:July 4, 2019 at St. Peter’s
July 4, 2019(full size gallery)
St. Peter’s was the scene of the Historic Port Royal July 4, 2019 observation.
Many parishioners were involved. Cookie Davis, the President of Historic Port Royal opened the event. Nancy Long and Thom Guthrie helped with the music, Mike read the Declaration, Marilyn presented 2 harpists. Johnny Davis along Charles McGuire, Eunice Key, Andrea Pogue sold concessions.
The videos show many of the above events. You can see part of what we saw and experienced.
1. Music – Clan McLeod Pipes and Drums, Harpists inside St. Peter’s
2. Dr. Franklin – tells us about the Second Continental Congress and events leading to July 4 as well as differing viewpoints of the Revolution. Independence leads to strength
3. Mike Newman’s reading of the Declaration of Independence.
4. Martha Washington – describes womens’ sacrifices and support for the Revolution.
5. Jamestown colonists – Two members from Historic Williamsburg described the role of clothing in daily life. The surprising role of wool!
6. Other revolutionaries – Fielding Lewis, George Mason
7. The organization of Historic Port Royal with Cookie Davis as the president.