|Tenebrae, March 27, 2013||March 28, 2013|
|Palm Sunday, 2013||March 24, 2013|
|Anointing Jesus, March 17, 2013||March 16, 2013|
|The disruptive prodigal son – March 10, 2013||March 9, 2013|
|Taking our shoes off, March 3, 2013||March 3, 2013|
|Facing the Future with Faith, Feb 24, 2013||February 24, 2013|
|Trust and Temptation, Lent 1, Feb. 17, 2013||February 17, 2013|
|Ash Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013||February 14, 2013|
|Yes, we had a Shrove Tuesday supper, Feb. 12, 2013||February 13, 2013|
|Transfiguration Sunday – identity and transformation, Feb. 10, 2013||February 10, 2013|
Title:July 4, 2019 at St. Peter’s
July 4, 2019(full size gallery)
St. Peter’s was the scene of the Historic Port Royal July 4, 2019 observation.
Many parishioners were involved. Cookie Davis, the President of Historic Port Royal opened the event. Nancy Long and Thom Guthrie helped with the music, Mike read the Declaration, Marilyn presented 2 harpists. Johnny Davis along Charles McGuire, Eunice Key, Andrea Pogue sold concessions.
The videos show many of the above events. You can see part of what we saw and experienced.
1. Music – Clan McLeod Pipes and Drums, Harpists inside St. Peter’s
2. Dr. Franklin – tells us about the Second Continental Congress and events leading to July 4 as well as differing viewpoints of the Revolution. Independence leads to strength
3. Mike Newman’s reading of the Declaration of Independence.
4. Martha Washington – describes womens’ sacrifices and support for the Revolution.
5. Jamestown colonists – Two members from Historic Williamsburg described the role of clothing in daily life. The surprising role of wool!
6. Other revolutionaries – Fielding Lewis, George Mason
7. The organization of Historic Port Royal with Cookie Davis as the president.