|Sat. Aug. 15, the culmination of the clothing distribution on Staten Island||August 15, 2015|
|Roger and Eunice participate in the Staten Island clothing distribution set up, Aug. 13, 2015||August 14, 2015|
|Roger and Eunice are off to Staten Island, Aug. 12||August 12, 2015|
|Pentecost 11, Aug. 9, 2015||August 9, 2015|
|Pentecost 10, Aug. 2, 2015||August 3, 2015|
|Pentecost 9, July 26, 2015||July 26, 2015|
|Gleaning, July 20, 21||July 21, 2015|
|Pentecost 8, July 19, 2015||July 20, 2015|
|AME Church Thank you, July 16, 2015||July 17, 2015|
|Village Harvest, July 15, 2015||July 16, 2015|
Title:July 4, 2019 at St. Peter’s
July 4, 2019(full size gallery)
St. Peter’s was the scene of the Historic Port Royal July 4, 2019 observation.
Many parishioners were involved. Cookie Davis, the President of Historic Port Royal opened the event. Nancy Long and Thom Guthrie helped with the music, Mike read the Declaration, Marilyn presented 2 harpists. Johnny Davis along Charles McGuire, Eunice Key, Andrea Pogue sold concessions.
The videos show many of the above events. You can see part of what we saw and experienced.
1. Music – Clan McLeod Pipes and Drums, Harpists inside St. Peter’s
2. Dr. Franklin – tells us about the Second Continental Congress and events leading to July 4 as well as differing viewpoints of the Revolution. Independence leads to strength
3. Mike Newman’s reading of the Declaration of Independence.
4. Martha Washington – describes womens’ sacrifices and support for the Revolution.
5. Jamestown colonists – Two members from Historic Williamsburg described the role of clothing in daily life. The surprising role of wool!
6. Other revolutionaries – Fielding Lewis, George Mason
7. The organization of Historic Port Royal with Cookie Davis as the president.