Author Betchy, Mary Ann
1 cup warm water 2 tbsp olive oil 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 2 tsp sugar 1 1/2 tbsp chopped dried basil 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes 1/2 tsp salt 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (not rapid rise)
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 2 cups of the flour and all other ingredients to the batter and mix with dough hook until just combined.
2. Add remaining flour 1 tbsp at a time until dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
3. Remove dough from bowl and place in a clean, lightly-greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down risen dough and shape into an oval, stretching from the top of the loaf to underneath the bottom. Place shaped loaf in a lightly-greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Once dough is ready, bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Let rise in a cold day in oven with a pan
September 28, 2013