Here you will find information about St. Peter’s during Lent in 2021.
Lent is derived from a word that means to lengthen, to lengthen our life in Christ. As the Rev. Dr. Mark Bozzuti-Jones of Trinity Episcopal in NY explains, Lent points our way toward Easter, the resurrected life in Christ and our true life as Christians.
- A time for looking at the things we do that are wrong or that tempt us, asking God’s and other people’s forgiveness;
- A time for giving up things that keep us from being loving people;
- A time for doing extra things that will help us grow closer to God;
- A time to be more aware of what it means to love as God loves us;
- A time to ask God to help us to be more loving, remembering that God is always ready to strengthen us.